Menu Close

Ranking Starbucks Fall Drinks

By: McKenna Fitzgerald

As mornings become cooler, the leaves crunch under our feet, and we trade our sandals in for boots, it is evident that fall has arrived. For many coffee fans like myself, the change of the weather excites us, as it means those cozy fall drinks have arrived, such as the beloved Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. However, this season, pumpkin isn’t the only fall flavor served at Starbucks. So, to help you navigate their new selections, I have tried all of Starbucks’s fall drinks this year, from apple crisp to chai, and ranked all of them from my least to most favorite.

Starting at #5, we have the Apple Crisp Oat Milk Macchiato, pictured above. When I first tried it, I thought the apple crisp tasted amazing, and I still do. However, what puts this in last place for me is how milky the drink is. It does not have the coffee taste I love, as the drink is mostly milk. However, if you are someone who loves sweet-flavored drinks with more than coffee flavored, then this is the drink for you.

Photo Courtesy of EatingWell.

In fourth place, we have the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew. This drink is a classic cold brew with vanilla syrup, topped with a pumpkin-flavored cold foam and pumpkin spice sprinkled on top. This drink is delicious- but only in moderation. The flavors of the pumpkin and vanilla pair well with each other, and the pumpkin-flavored toppings are the perfect touch! However, Starbucks cold brew is very caffeinated- so this drink may make you extra jittery. The extra caffeine makes this drink better for an every-once-in-a-while treat rather than every day, so I’m putting it in fourth place.

Photo Courtesy of TimeOut.

In third place, we have the beloved classic- the Pumpkin Spice Latte. With the famous PSL turning 20 this year, many coffee fans like myself had to try it at least once. It is safe to say that it did not disappoint. This drink combines a milk of your choice, pumpkin sauce, espresso, whipped cream and pumpkin spice topping. While the drink may seem basic, it is a delicious classic that coffee fans can rely on throughout the fall season.

Photo Courtesy of CNBC

Coming in second place, we have a new menu item this year, the Iced Pumpkin Cream Chai Latte. This drink takes the classic iced chai latte and puts pumpkin cream cold foam on top with an added dash of pumpkin spice on top. I did not know what to expect with this drink, but when I tried it, I fell in love. The chai and the pumpkin spice match perfectly together and have a long-lasting flavor. The only thing putting this drink in second place rather than first is its extremely sweet nature, which can definitely deter someone if you’re in the mood for coffee rather than dessert. I definitely recommend that everyone try this, and I hope Starbucks will make it a menu item next fall.

Photo Courtesy of VegOut Magazine.

The best drink I’ve tried at Starbucks this fall is the Iced Apple Crisp Oat Milk Shaken Espresso. This drink combines oat milk, blonde espresso, and apple crisp syrup. This menu item is new this fall, but Starbucks definitely made no mistake adding it. It is the perfect balance of espresso, milk, and apple flavoring. The balanced combination of flavors with the perfect amount of caffeine makes this drink the perfect order for your daily morning coffee.

I definitely recommend heading down to the campus Starbucks and using your bonus dollars to try one (or all) of these amazing fall drinks while they last!