Menu Close

Timothée Chalamet: Where He Started And Where He Is Now

For those who are not familiar with Timothée Chalamet, do you live under a rock? Kidding. Anyways, Timothée Chalamet is one of the biggest male actors of this generation, if not the biggest!

I haven’t seen too many movies with Timothée Chalamet in them, since I am a new fan, but I am starting to watch movies that he has been in. I recently watched “Beautiful Boy” starring Timothée Chalamet and Steve Carell, and to say it is a tearjerker is an understatement. The movie is about an 18-year-old boy Nic (Chalamet) who struggles with a drug addiction that continuously gets worse as he gets older and the movie progresses. Nic’s father, David (Carell), is finding himself struggling to understand and recognize Nic and his addiction and where he went wrong as a father. “Beautiful Boy” is definitely a very great movie that I would recommend, especially if you’re in the mood to watch a sad and informative film.

Image courtesy of People.com (Chalamet in Beautiful Boy)

Another movie I watched this summer was “Lady Bird”, starring Chalamet and Saoirse Ronan. Chalamet plays Kyle, which is Lady Bird’s (Saoirse) love interest for a bit of the movie. After watching both “Lady Bird” and “Beautiful Boy”, it made me recognize just how diverse Chalamet’s acting is. His characters in both of those movies are completely different from one another!

Image courtesy of Little White Lies (Chalamet in Lady Bird)

The movie that Timothée Chalamet blew up from, however, was “Call Me By Your Name”, starring Chalamet as Elio Perlman and Armie Hammer as Oliver. I personally haven’t seen this movie before, but from what I’ve heard, is that it is a great movie. I plan on watching it soon if I find a place where I can watch it.

Image courtesy of Glamour ( (Chalamet in Call Me By Your Name)

Timothée’s debut film is the movie “Men, Women & Children”, a 2014 comedy-drama film that is directed by Jason Reitman. Prior to this film, Chalamet acted in a few short films to begin his acting career, then moved to a T.V. show drama series called “Homeland,”, in 2012. Only two years later, he was in his debut film, and later that same year was cast to play the role of Cooper’s (Matthew McConaughey) son Tom in “Interstellar,” which is a very widely known and beautiful movie.

Image courtesy of IMDb (Chalamet in Interstellar)

Recently, Chalamet starred in “Dune,” the new 2021 Sci-fi/Adventure remake movie, as the character Paul Atreides. The movie received so much attention and is even back in theaters today! I haven’t gotten around to watching it yet, but I do plan on it soon when I have the time. Following its release, Chalamet even posted to Instagram about “Dune” part two, although it is suspected that it won’t hit theaters until around October 2023.

Image courtesy of Polygon (Chalamet in Dune)

Timothée Chalamet is an actor who is gaining more and more popularity and starring in more roles as time goes on. I can assure you this won’t be the last we see of him! If you haven’t watched a Chalamet film yet, I suggest you watch one soon.