As the semester is beginning to wrap up the time comes where final exams are just beginning and with that comes late nights, long days and tapping your bonus dollars at the Casey’s Starbucks. Only a few short days after the return from Thanksgiving break reading day and final exams will begin. Reading day is December 10th and then finals exams are December 11-14th (if you don’t know when your finals are, ask your professors or look on the Siena College Finals Schedule!), leaving only four days to fit in all the exams. Final exams have been a deep-rooted fear in students since the beginning of time, but do not fret because I am going to give you quick and simple tips and tricks to go from stressed to the best in the matter of no time!
- Organize it all!
- From binders and folders to notes and pens, the better understanding you have of where things are the more efficient you will be in your work, remember the quickest solution to solving a problem is recognizing there is one, so find the weak points of your organization skills and bring those standards to where they belong.
- Failing to prepare is preparing to fail!
- Prioritizing time is one of the biggest factors to a successful final exam schedule so try writing down when you need to be doing things on a whiteboard or notebook. Along with this, try and break down all the work you have to do, I guarantee it will seem like much more in your head when you really have more time than you think, so schedule your time, you got this!
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe” – Abraham Lincoln.
- Leave time in between studying and stress to bring your heart rate down and settle your mind or “sharpen the axe” you will only be as efficient as your mind allows so find some time to take a walk or watch a show, any activity that sparks a smile will do the trick!
Although finals week can be stressful, there are so many tips and tricks stay organized and not fall behind. Siena college has done a good job in offering students help in order to succeed on their finals. Many professors have extended their office hours, and the writing center has appointments available for paper critiques and peer review. Adding on, the library has extended their closing hours until 2 am every night. Siena College wishes every student good luck on their finals and a safe trip home for the holidays!