Menu Close

Post-Season Catch up

The postseason is underway, here’s an updated picture of how the next few weeks of baseball aim to pan out-

On the NL side, St. Louis took the Central, Atlanta the East, and- no surprise there- the Dodgers won their seventh straight West Division Title.

For the American League, Minnesota took the Central for the first time since 2010, the Yanks took the East, and Houston took the West. Any surprises there? Not really, considering that both are powerhouses of baseball, and have been for the entirely of their existences, even more so than ever this season.

The Nationals came from behind to shock Milwaukee in the NL Wild Card game, and Oakland got stomped by the much more athletic Rays.

At the time of this writing, the Yankees have already moved on to the American League Championship Series. The other Division Series isn’t over yet- the Rays came back to shock the Astros (dare I say they put stars in Houston’s eyes) Monday night, and Game Five is Wednesday night. I’m hoping that Tampa Bay manages to make the comeback, but I don’t see it happening.

I like the underdog, so my hopes were on the Rays and Twins making the ALCS, but I’m half wrong there as of Tuesday night, and I’m pretty sure that I’m going to be oh for two come Thursday. The Braves are tied at two games apiece with St. Louis, and Washington’s held on by the skin of their teeth to force Game Five tonight. I’m hoping that Atlanta and Washington fight it out. but that’ll never happen… the Cards and Dodgers are powerhouses of baseball right now.

Washington hopefully stands a chance to take down the big bad Dodgers tonight, but the game hadn’t started at press time. More on that next week.

I like Joe Maddon, so I hope the Rays can pull it off, and if Los Angeles wins, and send the Dodgers to their third World Series loss in three years. I’m sorry to any Dodgers fans, but I’m dodging the blame here.

My predictions as they stand as of seven PM Tuesday night: New York for the pennant in five games in the American League; and I’m hoping for the Nationals in seven (or less, of course) for the National League. As a Cubs fan, Washington, you have me cheering for you this offseason.

The World Series: Will New York get their twenty-eight World Series ring? I hope not, but we’ll see in a month.

Questions, comments, concerns? I’m watching from the sidelines and low-key hoping LA loses, so I can’t talk right now, I’m too busy. In other words, Minnesota is baseball, and baseball is them. Good luck to the Twins, I’ll be cheering you on this postseason, so welcome to Bomba Season!