Menu Close

One last thing…

I’ve been planning this article in my head for years, almost since I started as Editor-in-Chief of the Promethean my sophomore year. However, now that it’s time to finally write it, I find I’m at a loss for words. I thought this would be easy to write, but it’s not – I’m writing this article at the very last minute, as I format the last issue of the Promethean.

Like most things related to graduation, it’s a bittersweet feeling, one “last” I find trying to drag out. Over the past three years as Editor-in-Chief, there have been countless nights and hours spent pouring over this paper. Now that it’s almost done, I wish there were countless more. However, I’m also ready to pass the torch onto the new editorial board. Reflecting upon this experience, I realize I am unable to put words to how grateful and glad I am for this experience. 

These feelings also extend to my overall experience at Siena. With just over two weeks until graduation, I am simultaneously dreading it and excited for it. I find myself wishing I could go back and relive the past four years. But I also know that I’m ready to move on and my time here is done. Similarly, words will never be able to adequately express how grateful I am for the friends, opportunities, and memories I’ve made and have had the pleasure of experiencing at Siena.

As I finish my final projects, do my last presentations, write my last papers, I realize the most important thing I have to left to do isn’t an assignment: it’s saying thank you. So I want to say thank you. Thank you, Siena. Thank you to all the friends I’ve made throughout the years. Thank you to all the professors and administrators who have helped me along the way and encouraged my growth. Thank you to all the clubs and extracurriculars I’ve been a part of that have taught me the meaning of leadership. Thank you to everyone who has made my Siena experience what it is. I wouldn’t have it any other way.